Thursday, September 3, 2009

Driver's Education

Hello World.
Yes I know it is an ungodly hour to be awake roughly being 4am, but for some reason I can't sleep.

Tonight's topic of interest is your basic online driver's education. On the bottom of every page there are small random facts about driving, just like the notes on the sides of the pages in old school text books. This is an actual fact found on the online driver's education website: " It's True!
Drunk drivers typically have less injuries than alert drivers as they don't tense up their bodies at the time of impact."

Doesn't that seem like a BAD thing to be telling young drivers? Everyone always tells you not to drive drunk. It's unsafe. Your reflexes aren't as good. Etc. And yet, here is a perfectly good reason why driving drunk could be a good thing. When you crash drunk, apparently, you won't get as hurt as if you had crashed sober.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not advocating drunk driving. I just think this is a very weird fact to put in a driver's education curriculum. We shouldn't be giving young drivers ANY reasons on why driving drunk could be good. Because, driving drunk will always be bad, even if your body isn't as tense while you do it. Go get a massage instead!
Love,
The Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment